Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Proffitt's spoke at church today

Well I have now officially given the closing prayer and now I have spoken in church. I think I am good for a year. Jim and I were both asked to speak on Preparing our Families to Overcome Adversity. What a topic!!! It was a great experience to have to prepare for this talk because all us feel overwhelmed with adversity at some point in our lives. I finally gave a talk that I felt that I executed it and people understood my message. For the first time I did not feel nervous or shaky. I felt like I was talking to my friends and that they were all at attention. I believe this is because our ward is so fabulous and there is a true feeling of love and the desire to serve each other. A true ward family. So now the truth is out that Jim and I can speak and that our children can sit in sacrament meeting without us (thank you to the Marriott's for helping Mackenzie). What a great feeling to know that they are trainable. This is a great ending to week that was filled with such chaos. Not that I want to speak again soon but I felt that there was true purpose to my Sunday.

10 comments:

Leslie Houx said...

You are so brave...I couldn't do it.

Vidal's Nest said...

Way to go! The best part is knowing that they probably won't bug you to do it again for at least another year!
When we lived in Colorado, they actually asked Zachary to talk 3 times in our ward in less than a year! Yikes!

Vidal's Nest said...

Oh~ I am so so glad you like this ward~ What a difference that makes!

Shelli said...

Congratulations! Being in a ward family makes it so easy to push yourself out of your comfort zone. No judging, just loving. Nice! Wish I could have been there!

Jim Proffitt said...

So, now that you have been completely found out, expect new and greater assignments. The good and faithful are always invited to stretch themselves. Proud of you both!!

Brittany said...

The one who speaks, usually gets the most out of it! I think it's great that you have such a wonderful ward, too!

Ginger said...

This is the place you belong. I wish I could have been there to hear you. I am sure it was great. You'll have to tell us more details about your talks. I love a great ward, it makes such a difference.

DANI KYNASTON said...

I am so glad that you had a good experience. A good ward that is so excepting makes a world of difference. I am glad that you guys found such a great place!

sherry said...

Hi Janeal! Of course I don't mind if you comment on my blog, anytime you want! You know, I think we may have met before. Either that or Jimmy was telling a story about you. We were at the beach and Jimmy had a strange sunburn. Mackenzie must have been a baby or toddler at the time. He said you were sunblocking him but got distracted because Mackenzie was about to eat sand! Isn't it funny what random things you remember? Your family is so cute. In fact, Delaney is one of the names I love for this baby( My husband won't let me because he is afraid she will be called "Laney"). You and I have a lot of the same tastes. I have thought of the names Marley and Addison. Unfortunately they are too close to cousin names. One of the drawbacks of having a lot of family close by. And it is funny that you mentioned your Linley combo. My second daughter's middle name is a combination of my mother and my MIL's names. Isn't that funny? We are thinking along the same lines. Thanks for the pointers. Good luck finding a cute boy name!(I'm a little jealous. I sort of wish I were trying to come up with a boy name right now;) Sorry for the marathon comment, I couldn't find an e mail address for you!

The Ferguson Family said...

So, I know I'm super late on this post but, I didn't even know you were a blogger! I'm excited that we'll be able to get to know each other even better by our blogs! Yeah, so, I love that feeling I get -after I give my talk!haha I get shaky no matter what so, you're super lucky! (I even get nervous when I teach the YW!)