Monday, September 29, 2008

Hayden at football on Saturday


Janeal has been crazy busy lately so I figured I'd post some pics of Hayden at his last game on Sat. I unfortunately didn't make it. The game was at 8 am and coach wanted them there at 7 am and I worked the night before. I got the full story tho. Hayden played a lot! Played running back and also safety on defense. They won, I think the score was 19 to 7. To cap it all off... the smallest kid on the team ran a touchdown in from the 50 yd line!!!! He was totally excited about the game. I am horribly upset that I could see it. It's so fun to watch him play at the games and at practice. He really lays it all out on the field when playing. The coaches always tell me, "He might be small but he's all heart" or "He sure can run fast for being a small kid." Sometimes I cringe when they put him as a linebacker, but he never shies away from the big hits. I almost started cracking up when he tried to tackle a kid that he came up to his chest on. Hayden got bowled over (totally flat on his back) then immediately bounced up and was one of the first guys to get a hand on him to tackle him the second time. Well here's the pics and I'm a proud pop. Sorry, no pics of the TD run. Janeal was jumping and screaming to much to focus a camera (can you blame her? I probably would have crushed the poor camera)
Also, if couldn't tell by size, he's #8.
















The pic below is Hayden playing safety going after the run.







3 comments:

Ginger said...

The comment 'He's all heart' is so true. I think you are going to many, many games to cheer at. Fun to hear from the land of constant rain.

DANI KYNASTON said...

You are so brave to let him play. I think I would be too neurotic to let JR play. Hayden is really well adapted for this sport, though.

Vidal's Nest said...

I love seeing pics of him playing.I think it is heart that makes a good player! They have to love it.Otherwise it is just not worth it to them! At that age Zach was one of the smallest boys too )height, not weight)but now he is one of the biggest. Hayden will catch up!
Keep posting the pics they are fun to see!