Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Stoney Ridge Experience





Without a doubt this is always my plot in life. We plan family activities and some how Jim's job (I know it is our income and I should be grateful) gets in the way. Of all the days when I needed him the most (most of the time I am strong I am women here me roar) he gets called into some special operation. So as we are all getting ready I am dreading going to the pumpkin patch because my biggest fear was had. Even though our great friends the Miller's were meeting us there and he was kind to push the wheel barrow back to the scales, I still had to get it to the car. I know what you are thinking, Why did I let all four of my children pick out there own pumpkin??? Why did I let them choose bigger pumpkins than they could carry themselves??? The answer is because I just do not know how to say No!! So after paying for over 130 pounds of pumpkins my children wanted to stay longer and play at the playground, eat homemade apple cider donuts, pet the animals and just enjoy the day. So we carried on. We played, we ate yummy donuts and petted the animals. It is so fabulous that I have a great daughter that can take kids around while I am waiting in line for food or paying for the pumpkins. This is also why I do not have as many great pictures as I hoped for. Well, we all survived the pumpkin patch. I was able to make it to the car with all the pumpkins,we were filled with warm yummy apple cider donuts and we now have the task of carving these beauties!!! It is great that Jim is home tomorrow because this is going to to be his job after dinner. If he gets called into to work I am just handing out markers and paint.

7 comments:

Jennifer Miller said...

ohhh- Im sorry we left you there high and dry. I should have had Ben carry the pumkins out to the car at least for you.
But it was a lot of fun hanging out with you guys.

Shelli said...

It sounds like a fun day ... for the kids! The donuts sound wonderful (I haven't eaten yet today). You have always been such a trooper with Jim's work. Many of us wouldn't have been quite so supportive! Your kids will appreciate the memories, though.

Ginger said...

Pumpkin patches are best with husbands, but it doesn't really matter to the kids. I love that you had 130 lbs. of pumpkins! You are a real trooper. Also a pushover! ;-)

DANI KYNASTON said...

It must be the week for getting pumpkins! I am so glad that you found a place you like. Sad that Jim couldn't come. It is so hard to do that stuff without a husband!

Leslie Houx said...

130 lbs of pumpkins...you guys make me laugh!

April said...

I love that place! Great pictures, sorry your honey couldn't be there.
April

Jim Proffitt said...

130 lbs!!! What were you thinking?
Sorry we couldn't share the experience with your family.