Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Field trip to Stoney Ridge Farms

















I had never been to Stoney Ridge Farms before and we were so excited to find a great place like Bates Nut Farm. I felt spoiled to be able to go to Bates with the kids every year and last year we did not buy pumpkins. A tradition that I do not want to give up. I really liked the pumpkin patch so we are going back on Saturday to get huge pumpkins to carve. We will also be able to enjoy the corn maze, wagon rides, and delicious apple pie(Delaynie, Reagan and I have already had a taste of these great treats). I hope the kids will be as excited as I am to go back because I love fall and the many colors it produces. I also hope the weather will cooperate and we can go without rain. That would be the only negative side to going. I do not know if I want to trace through the fields of mud for a pumpkin.

4 comments:

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I am ready for some fall weather now. It has been too hot here this week. It was in the nineties! Love seeing the kids in sweaters and jackets. I will live vicariously through you guys :)

Vidal's Nest said...

Guess what??? I get to go to bates on friday! Whoohoo! I hope you have a fun time! I know we will!
love that photo of reagan

jenn gent said...

We love Stoney Ridge Farm! I hope you have fun on Saturday.

DANI KYNASTON said...

How fun! We have several fun farms here. It is so much better going to these farms than just the store. It makes it such an adventure!