Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Twilight

It was a fabulous day with all the girls. We got in line at 12:15 to get great seats for the 1:00pm show. We were in line with about 50 teenie boppers but it was still fun. I was plowed over while trying to walk down the stairs to find a seat. Lucky for us they thought the front row was best.
Mackenzie was very excited to go but in the end she felt a little disappointed. I believe this is because she is such a book reader that if the story does not reflected the book then it was not good enough.

She is right. They changed the order that events took place and changed how events happened. Which I thought was goofy because Stephanie Meyer had a lot of detail in her book which should have made it easy for a writer. Over all I thought it was a good movie. Would I see it twice, No. Will I buy it for Mackenzie, Yes. Do I recommend seeing it, Yes. But be aware that if you read the book to close to seeing the movie like I did it is nothing like the book.

The characters are perfect except for ESME. I did not like the actress in Grey's Anatomy and so it bugged that she was playing that role. The beginning is slow but once it picks up it is great. I loved the ending even though it was different from the book. I had not read the second book yet but the ending preludes to the next movie. So hopefully they will realize the following of this series and get a bigger budget.

So, if you are a die hard fan then you probably have all ready seen it and if you are not,then go with your daughters or friends and have a great girls night out!!!!

8 comments:

Shelli said...

See, I had read the book a long time ago, so I wasn't comparing the book to the movie very much. I don't watch Grey's Anatomy, so I didn't recognize Esme's character from there, so I liked her quite a bit. The two I didn't like so much were Carlisle and Jasper. Poor Jasper. They tried to put all his acting into his hair. I'll probably like him better in future movies when he actually gets to speak. Also, I'm still iffy about Jacob Black. Overall, I liked the movie about as much as the book -- it wasn't Oscar material, but it was a lot of fun!

Amanda said...

I love the series, and I can't wait to see the movie, but since I don't know anyone here I'll be going by myself (which I find relaxing anyways) I can't wait to see it. Thanks for your review.

kristifritzel said...

Still haven't read the books, or seen the movie. But, I am eally not a fan of books turned to movies, they seem to mess it up somehow. a friend of mine rented an entire theatre for opening weekend and I had the chance to go. I opted out. Everyone I talk to says I am a nut job for passing. I want to read the books first. Then, if I love it, maybe I'll rent em.

DANI KYNASTON said...

I haven't read the book yet but I really want to. It sounds like everyone is nutso for it. I do love a good read, so I will have to do it!

Ginger said...

I don't think I will really like a book about vampires. I am loving my new book, The Bronze Horseman. Very good read.

Ginger said...

I don't think I will really like a book about vampires. I am loving my new book, The Bronze Horseman. Very good read.

Danielle K. said...

Hi Janeal,
I wanted to say "Hi and Congratulations on your soon-to-be baby boy." Leslie emailed her site and I thought it would be fun to do too! Your family is so cute and the kids are getting so big. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Danielle
(Ryan Houx's sister!)

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

I made Mike take my on Tuesday. I love this series. I liked the movie, but I felt that they could have done SO much better. I don't feel they portrayed the characters as well as they could/should have. As you said, Stephenie Meyer made it so easy for them. I wish they took more from what she had written. But all in all I did really like it.