Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Strong genes!!

Well life has been very busy. We have been trying to pull everything together for a new baby and Christmas. Not the easiest task sometimes. 

So to makes life a little more complicated our little baby boy decided that he was not going to stay head down and turned into a transverse position.  Which I found out on Monday with only 17 days to go.  Winni (my midwife)was not to concerned she said I needed a ultra sound to find out the specifics of his position. This was a little alarming to me because all I thought was c-section and no way!!!  

She said that we would just have to turn him before I went into labor and would require a doctors supervision. I was so upset. This had never happened before with anyone other baby, why now and this late in the game. I could not sleep Monday night and worried all day about the ultra sound. I was prepared for the worse but I told Jim that this baby will live inside me forever if it does not drop to the proper position. He laughed at me.  

The great news is that he turned during the night or in the morning and there will not need to be any other percautions taken. The best part of this story is that the 3D ultra sound machine was available when I went. The tech was so excited to do the ultra sound that I was there for about an hour.  She loved taking photos and and watching his every move. It was amazing.  After she was done taking the necessary measurements she pulled up the picture of the baby. It was a perfect match to.....Drum roll please Hayden.  

I have posted a picture of Hayden after he was born and the picture of the ultra sound.  It truely is amazing how similar his features are.  I started to cry.  It was a pretty special moment in the midst of chaos.  


12 comments:

sherry said...

I am so glad he turned on his own! Abigail was sideways when I went into labor with her, but only a little bit, and the pressure made her turn. Luckily your little guy didn't wait that long. You're right! He looks just like Hayden! Those 3 D images are amazing. I am sure you are getting anxious for the little guy to make an appearance. Pretty soon now!

jenn gent said...

I'm glad he decided to get back into position! What a stinker to do that to you - at least he was eventually obedient! :) That 3D pic image is so cool.

The Ferguson Family said...

Everything is going to be great from here on out. Maybe this was supposed to be your reassurance that it would be! It really is amazing that he looks just like Hayden! I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well. I was just thinking about you earlier today and totally forgot to ask Mackenzie how you were. (my mind is always in a different place...)

Lots of Love, Pattu

The Ferguson Family said...

p.s. apparently, Pattu is my new nickname-short for Patr-u-cia.

Jennifer Miller said...

Wow! that picture is Awesome! He is so sweet. And Yes, he looks just like his older brother, now the question is will he have red hair? I can't wait to meet him, soon I hope!

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

Glad to hear that the little man cooperated! Love the pictures. Amazing how much the two look alike. I bet Hayden is really excited. Now take it easy (cause that is so easy to do) and enjoy the next couple of weeks.

Ginger said...

Just amazing! I am so glad he is going to be allright. I can't believe how clear his picture is. We have certainly waited a long time for him. No wonder Hayden knew he had a brother, they look the same! Hope all is well from here out! Love You

Shelli said...

I'm so glad he turned! Back to plan A for you. How fun to get to see what he looks like already. Those new ultrasounds are amazing -- although I would miss the fun of deciphering those inkblot-inspired oldies. Congratulations!

April said...

That is funny...before I read what you wrote I scrolled down and and saw the baby picture and thought you had your baby!! Oh well, soon!
What a blessing your little one turned, I can't waite to see him.
April

DANI KYNASTON said...

I am so happy for you! I hear that turning them really hurts! It is amazing how much he looks like Hayden. How fun for Hay-Hay!

Brittany said...

Yay! That's great that he moved into position...I didn't realize you deliver with a midwife. To me that translates into no drugs? You are amazing... I couldn't have 5 kids without drugs. Did you have them all that way?

The resemblence to Hayden is amazing...same little nose! Too cute! Hang in there, only 13 days to go!

Vidal's Nest said...

I hadn't read this until after I saw the first photos of Emmet and I thought dang he looks like Hayden! What a fun thing!