Friday, November 14, 2008

Great friends


My ward has been so fabulous from the beginning. Now I know that I am having my fifth baby and that a shower to celebrate is not really necessary but my friends Jennifer, Lyhea, and Becky put together a spectacular evening. We met at the Olive Garden and just sat for 4 hours laughing, eating and enjoying a great GIRLS NIGHT OUT!!!  It  also turned out  that Olive Garden over booked the room that was set aside for us because we ladies made out.  They accomadated us with complimantary water, meals and a waitress that was just catering to us. 

So sometimes bad news is good news.  

Becky of course made a great cake for dessert and everyone enjoyed it.  Also the gifts were so thoughtful.  It is always nice to have nice things to welcome a new baby to your family.  Hayden wanted to sleep with the new blankets to warm them up for his new brother. I had to tell him that would not be necessary and that they would be just perfect for when he comes.  Reagan had to wear the new rain boots around the house that were 3 sizes to small for her feet but insisted that they fit. Mackenzie and Delaynie did not have the same passion  to wear the clothes or sleep with the blankets. So 2 out 4 children taking over the new stuff is not to bad.  

So I am so grateful for friends and the joy it is to celebrate MOTHERHOOD!!!

8 comments:

Jennifer Miller said...

I had so much fun! I'm glad you enjoyed it also. Why don't we do fun stuff like that more???

jenn gent said...

It was a lot of fun. Thanks for having a baby so that we could get together.

I love your blog's new look! FUN!

Vidal's Nest said...

It sounds like you have such a nice ward! I am so glad. The cake is adorable.
I think a baby shower is always fun no matter what baby it is!

April said...

Hey just cause I'm not in your ward any more doesn't mean I shouldn't get an invite!!!! I'm always looking for an excuse to get out and paty with other women!! I'm glad you had a good time, mom's deserve it!
April

sherry said...

You have some great friends. When I had a baby shower for Abigail we had some major drama about it. Some girls were a little catty becasue I was having a shower for my 4th girl. But I thought I was done witht he last one and gave away all my stuff! And I had a couple of nice friends that really wanted to do it. I am glad your ward is not so catty and just want to help you celebrate a new life. As it should be. (Every time I read your blog I am a little annoyed that my husband wouldn't let me name Abigail Delaynie...I am hopeful I'll get over it by her 1st birthday;)

DANI KYNASTON said...

How wonderful. That is the perfect kind of baby shower for a 5th child. I am so glad that you enjoy your ward so much. It makes a world of difference to be in a good ward!

The Ferguson Family said...

It looks like you gals had a blast! I'm so glad! I have a little something to give you when I see you! Lots of Love, Patty

p.s. you're right, our ward really is great!!!

Marriott Fam said...

That night was so much fun! Just what I needed and I'm glad it was fun for you too!