Thursday, August 7, 2008

California or Bust!!!

Boys of Summer 2008

Hayden and JR trying to eat "MANCAKES"

Ronald-Reagan Sleeping

Well I am finally going to post about our vacation. It was so exhausting, fabulous, and well worth any expense our bodies may have endured. We have never really been on a vacation because we have lived so close. The packing alone was intense, what to bring what not to bring??? The kids were able to visit with some special friends from the desert and also enjoy all their cousins. Days were spent swimming, laughing, eating, driving, and when we could relaxing (not to often). It took us about 3 days to finally feel like we could breathe after we returned home. Whoever said vacations were relaxing forgot about the aftermath when you are to tired to clean out the car, suitcases, and if you were gone long enough to have to replace all the food from the fridge. You need a vacation from your vacation sometimes. Well that is our trip in a nutshell. It was truly a blessing to be able to be with all of our family and friends. I could have stayed forever but realized that I had to go back to my real life of being a cheerleader to all my children's activities and trying to maintain a home that never rests. I am going to try to post some pics!!! Wish me luck!!!!!!!!


7 comments:

Shelli said...

We loved having you here! Time was way too short, and I didn't get to visit like I wanted to, but it was so wonderful to see you all. At least Johnette got her McKenzie fix! Thank you for coming down.

Vidal's Nest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vidal's Nest said...

Love that pic of Ron and Reagan!

Ginger said...

We had so much fun with you hear. The pics are great. Wish you were closer so we could share in the day to day activities.

Ginger said...

Hey I do know how to spell here. Just a little brain freeze.

Jim Proffitt said...

Mom really doesn't know how to spell "Heer". We had a wonderful time w/ you guys. I hope that the long, long drive won't deter you from coming down next year.

Leslie Houx said...

I sure do miss you guys! I wish we lived closer...tear tear!!
Hopefully we will be visiting you guys soon!
xoxo