Thursday, January 8, 2009

Building an Ark

We have just had about a 3 week Christmas vacation due to the snow that fell here in Washington and now we are experiencing rains that have created rivers to flood are areas. We are going on our second day of no school due to flooding.  What is a mother to do!!!!

I feel that I am a terrible mom because I cried this morning when they announced no school.  My children are usually really good but they are at the point of needing school to break up there day. You can only entertain them so long with crafts, playdough, baking, games and movies with popcorn.  

We will now have to extend our school year  into the the middle of June to make up all the lost days.   Our summer will be short and quick.  I am glad that I have not planned a vacation this year.  With the weather being so unpredictable we may be going into July for School.  


5 comments:

Shelli said...

I feel your pain! My kids went back to school Monday, and then two of them were home sick on Tuesday. I felt cheated! Grumpy all day. And you with a new baby -- of course you want some quiet time! Hopefully it will all get back to normal soon.

sherry said...

Oh, I feel for you! Especially with a tiny new baby at home! Two weeks was all I could handle. Here's hoping your weather goes back to normal!

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

I read about the floods in the paper and I was wondering if you guys had been affected. Sorry to hear that you were. I cannot imagine. I was SO ready for Monday. Don't feel guilty for wanting them to be at school. We ALL need our down time. Hang in there. Love the new pics of the kids. Emmett is adorable.

April said...

Hey there I am totally with you. I am going crazy with all this crummy weather and no sun in sight...ugh!!
I want to see pictures of your little one and hear how everything went. I have been told that your baby is SO adorable!
April

Ginger said...

I loved it when the kids were in school. It really is not fair to have them home. Have you tried strapping them to their beds for long naps? It might work. I am hoping for sunshine for you.