Friday, January 9, 2009

Better late than never!!!

Well I am finally going to post about our wonderful Christmas. We had the best gift ever delivered before Christmas. On  December 14th Emmett Brantley was born. He came during one of coldest winters.  We also had my parents fly in from California and brave all the snow.  The kids really enjoyed them being here and so did Jim and I.  This was a Christmas to remember.

We had so much fun climbing up and down the hill to get into the car(which was never brought back up to the house for 14 days).  I braved the weather with Emmett and went with the whole family to see Delaynie perform in her Christmas Dance Recital. It started out as a cold windy day but after the recital snow was falling hard.  Jim was the best husband ever. He hiked the hill got his work truck and piled us 2 at a time up to the house. We would have never been able to walk in the snow with out freezing to death. 

The recital was so beautiful. They told the story of the Birth of Christ through dance. It was just amazing. The music was beautiful and really captured the spirit.  I will just give a little plug for the dance studio that my girls go to Dancing For Joy, it is a fabulous studio that has the right heart for dance. If you lived here in Belligham I would highly recommend sending your child. Just love It!!!!

We had a beautiful White Christmas and that was special to my mom and maybe my dad.  She had never seen so much snow fall before.  We had a great Christmas dinner. Jim made the best turkey. Niether one of us have ever had to cook a turkey before because we have always gone to our parents house for the holidays so this was a treat.  We opened presents and played games all day. It was a relaxing Chirstmas with so much to be grateful for.
Hayden With his favorite Santa present. He has a signed football picture of himself that he his sending to Eric Weddle to thank him.  I think I know where to send it.
Reagan getting ready to tap to Jingle Bells. She performed on December 12th.
The Famous Turkey!!!

The boots that she wanted so badly!!
Mackenzie was hiding so no pictures were taken but she recieved a guitar that she wanted. Now we just have to find someone who can teach her to play.
 Emmett enjoying Christmas Morning.

Well this a long post but I have promised myself that I would post about Christmas before Hayden's birthday.
Our first family photo. Emmett is only 1 day old.  
So I did it !!

3 comments:

sherry said...

I can't believe you hiked in the snow right after Emmet was born. I wouldn't have been up for it. Your family is beautiful!And way to go Jim for cooking that turkey!

sherry said...

Janeal, can you give me your e mail address again? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Juli said...

Your kids are so cute!!
Way to go Jim! For both the turkey and keeping your family from getting hypothermia. :)